Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Great Quote from Studs Terkel


Hope dies last---
"La esperanza muere ultima." Without hope, you can't make it.
And so long as you have that hope, we'll be okay.
Once you become active helping others, you feel alive.
You don't feel, "It's my fault." You become a different person.
And others are changed, too.

I read this in an AARP article today as I sat in the waiting room at the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance. It was a good article and from an interview that took place not long before he died. In the article he talked about his book Hard Times and related much of what was learned during the time of the depression and related to what we need now. I will be picking up a copy of the book to take a new look. I am certainly one for hope.

No comments:

Comments must be in English to be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails