Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Thursday, January 3, 2013
Sunday, November 25, 2012
- Saw lots of family at Thanksgiving.
- Celebrated my dad's 90th birthday with pumpkin pie.
- Caught up with a friend by phone tonight.
- Found some Christmas lights.
- Got my printer working again.
- Replaced a much needed tool.
- Making another fabric heart tonight.
- Took a two mile walk in the sun (brrr...) this afternoon.
- Saw a group of snow geese floating near the shore this morning.
- Found a new fun coffee place.
- Looking forward to two friends coming to visit on Tuesday.
- One piece of pecan pie left...but not for long!
Friday, May 18, 2012
My very talented niece, Gretchen, made this mini-me...everyone was laughing when she was trying to show me that in the shoulder bag was a mini-journal (it's true I don't go anywhere without mine) and some knitting (yes, actual knitting on teeny-tiny knitting needles she made--and then knitted on!) --looks like I have started another little scarf... Anyway, this lovely whimsical handmade gift came at just the right time. It makes me smile to look at her. By the way, I do have green eyes, I do tend to dress in layers, with a hat, scarf and vest most of the year, I love funky socks, always carry at least one bag with me, journal, knitting and books... But--that is not my hair, though I wouldn't mind if it was!
Friday, May 4, 2012
Sunday, April 8, 2012
looking for something else
I happened on this page in my journal.
I like the combination of the John Lubbock quote with the labyrinth.
Beauty wasn't the point of page,
but beauty found me
as I contemplated
what exactly I was looking for today.
Sunday, March 25, 2012
I recommend a road trip to check them out:
The Curious Nest
2916 NE 55th St
Seattle, WA 98105
I picked up a few medals to use on my memory candles...and a few postcards...pictures in another post.