Thursday, January 1, 2009

welcoming 2009

It seems only fitting that as on New Year's Eve the crock-pot provided sustenance in the form of beer brats with brown sugar and walla walla onion mustard...that the crock-pot be allowed to strut its stuff into the new year with a chicken soup/stew...chicken, of course, kidney beans, celery, carrots, garlic, onion, corn, petite-diced tomatoes, and later fresh baby spinach ....all to be served with cheese-garlic biscuits (thanks to Schwan's brave drivers who were the first delivery made after our neighborhood had been laden with snow for days.)

Last night we did our traditional meal of marvelous munchies and movies: Casablanca; While You Were Sleeping; When Harry Met Sally
Made it until 11:00 counting reading in bed...plenty of fireworks to alert me to the new year when it arrived.
Resolutions? I have been recalling that last year I came up with a much better phrase I liked...and I picked 3 areas of focus that all amounted to the same thing:
S-i-m-p-l-i-f-y
I cannot see any reason to change that focus...only enhance it.

No comments:

Comments must be in English to be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails