Thursday, October 9, 2008

Casting On

Starting my Knitting Journal was a bit more complex process than I first envisioned...or, I am making it harder than it needs to be? But it is FOR ME so it needs to be this complicated-- right now.
  • I have a two-part journal. I have the part I am going to write in and plop, paste, tape and staple pictures and quotes into along the way (it is the brown item on top with the big printed KNIT on it (its cover has started to take shape)
  • I have a folder with sleeves front/back and clear sleeves and dividers --for actual pre-printed patterns I collect along the way...hand written ones will go in the brown journal (it is the on the bottom--and very rudimentary right now

This is my beginning...no apologies, just fun. As usual I find that I have many papers, patterns, skein sleeves saved. I tossed most of the catalogs, but am saving a few printed newsletters--pre blog/web newsletter.



2 comments:

sandy said...

Oh this looks like so much fun! I want to do the same thing - I have many skein sleeves, etc that would be wonderful content for a knitting journal. No apologies is right! :)

Rosie said...

I think this is going to be great when you get organised... it must be awful having half your stash packed away. I don't know how I'll cope when we move from here - I guess I'll have to make a travelling case like a mini art room, so at least I can fit my journal in and some basics.

I love your comment and the thought that you live vicariously through us bloggers! That completely rocks!

Keep talking to us!

Comments must be in English to be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails