Thursday, October 15, 2009

From Pink to Purple

October is "Purple Lights" month--to build awareness of Domestic Abuse and show support for those who are victims of it. I was made aware of "Purple Lights" month by someone and went to find my own string of lights. As far as I know, my city didn't specifically sponsored these lights this year, but my neighboring city has and I would let them shine anyway. People ask about them, are they for Halloween so early? Are they Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness? And it gives me a chance to speak up and bring little light of awareness about Domestic Abuse. It takes all of us shedding light on this all too real issue. For some of us it is very personal. Unfortunately just like cancer there are not many who have not met the face of this violence in some form in our own small circle of life: our own life, a loved one, friend, neighbor.
If you or someone you know needs help right now please take this step to get it: National Domestic Violence Hotline.

No comments:

Comments must be in English to be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails