- I love to make my own cards whenever possible
- I like to include just a small smattering of sweet-to-eat
- I like crazy reminders like a pen, sticky notes or a magnet, small photos
- I love the little ideas of fortune cookies, bookmarks, a frame
- A good book-for just the right person
- A small box of Thank-You cards
- A box of tea or a 1/2 lb of coffee
- A poem, a candle
- A sign of love and remembrance
- You choose and start early so it isn't a burden!
Monday, February 2, 2009
Okay, I admit it. I have always had a soft spot for Valentine's Day--commercial as it is and so forth. I simply believe in telling the people I love that I love them....and no, I do not buy big Valentine gifts...and I don't need a special day of the year to do it. But in times like these I appreciate the idea of all of us taking some time to think of something positive and hopeful--like loving someone, caring about our friends and colleagues, neighbors and distant relatives.