Thursday, July 23, 2009

a favorite place


In the "Artist Den" people were making baskets, kumihimo bracelets and much more. We went down there to bind a book. Found all that we needed save an awl and one of those things you wax you thread with...but being determined and resourceful she bound her journal all the same. Inkel looms, floor looms, tabletop looms, sewing machines, knitting needles, crochet hooks, friendship bracelets and tie-dye were all dabbled in and enjoyed by artists young and old...-er.
I like finding colors and corners where I can sit an journal. This is the first year I did not take a small load of rubber stamps, a few stamp pads, paper to use in collage, etc. I only took Sharpies and other pens to adorn wording along the way. I did crawl through the cupboards one afternoon in the Artist Den to see what rubber stamps were stashed away...and very few were available--none satisfactory for my use. I was looking for mountains and trees, rocks and stamps that reflected my surroundings. There use to be some of those around the Artist Den--I know because I have provided some of them over the years. Ah well...I did fine thinking, pondering and writing. It doesn't take much to let creativity have its way--but it does take sitting down once in awhile.


2 comments:

sandy said...

I wish I'd been there to crawl through the cupboards with you.

Alexandra MacVean said...

Hey...that sounds like fun!! I could go hide in any little corner and write until my heart is content! :) Happy Friday.

Comments must be in English to be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails