Saturday, May 30, 2009

bloomin' clematis!

This is a close up of the clematis that climbs the backyard fence...I didn't think it would do as well this year since I just did not ever get it cut back after last year. Last year it had a mediocre showing--but it loved the harsh winter and slow spring I guess....because it is as beautiful and full as it has ever been. I could just pull a chair up in front of it and stare, well, sitting on the patio I have basically done just that....My mom is smiling--they were one of her very favorites and if I learned one thing from her it is to keep a large rock over the roots to keep them out of the direct sun....this one's for you Mom!

I like early morning in the garden more than almost any other time of the day...when weather finally permits me out there...I remember it all over again. I take my coffee, a few books and my journal and settle in for awhile. It almost always ends as it did today--with me pulling weeds in with my robe and pj's still on....sitting turns to work and I have to remind myself to sit back down and just look... just listen...just be....the rest of the day will be work enough. These precious moments are for pure inspiration...and breathing.

No comments:

Comments must be in English to be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails